1. I was born on August 31, 1980.
2. At 1:15 AM.
3. If my mom had been able to hold out just another 23 hours, I'd have beautiful sapphire as a birthstone instead of ugly perodite.
4. I have lived in the same city my entire life.
5. When I was about a year old, I took off all my clothes and drew all over myself with a blue Sharpie.
6. My parents have pictures.
7. I also did the same thing with poo from my diaper.
8. My parents have pictures of that, too.
9. When I was about 3, a drunk driver crashed his truck into the side of our house. The cab of the truck was sitting in our living room, across from my bedroom. It's still one of my most vivid memories.
10. When I was in third grade, I cheated on a multiplication test and got caught. It was those damn 7s!
11. I have a sister who's three years younger than me (J.), a sister who's nine years younger (K.), and a brother who's ten years younger (J.R.).
12. Growing up I was super jealous of my sister, J., because she had gorgeous white-blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I got my parents' plain brown hair and brown eyes. She also picked up a short gene from somewhere - no one in my family is shorter than 5'8", but she's barely 5'2". Her hair's darkened a bit over the years, but she's still ridiculously beautiful. She also has big boobs. Or they might just look big since she's so tiny. But still, I want some!
13. I have a huge extended family (my mom has three sisters and three brothers) and am very close to all of my cousins (of which I'm the second oldest). I love holidays when everyone gathers in my grandparents' little house and it's just completely crazy with kids running around everywhere.
14. I hope my sisters and brother and I all have lots of kids so we can replicate that feeling later.
15. I went to a small Catholic grade school all the way from kindergarten to 8th grade, mostly with the same 40 kids all the way through.
16. I was not popular.
17. At all.
18. I still can't believe how mean kids can be to one another.
19. I hated life in 7th and 8th grade.
20. After that, I went to a small Catholic high school for the next four years - only this time it was an all-girls school.
21. The stories you hear about Catholic school girls? They're all true.
23. I am not friends with anyone I went to grade school with anymore.
24. I really miss one of my best friends from high school, who stopped talking to me after her boyfriend got in a fight with a friend of AMBF (neither me nor AMBF were involved). On the off chance that she'll Google herself and see this, ALEISA LEWIS PLEASE CALL ME!
25. I have a friend whose ex-boyfriend's middle name was Libby. That still cracks me up.
26. I got my first tattoo (a sun on my lower back) when I was 18, and a senior in high school.
27. I was the second girl in my high school class to get a tattoo.
28. I lied to my mom and told her it was a temporary tattoo for several months until she figured out that if it really was temporary, it'd probably have worn off in a couple weeks.
29. I now have that tattoo (though much expanded) and another one (butterfly) on the back of my neck.
30. I got my tongue pierced when I was 19, and only did it because I had gone with a friend who was getting her first tattoo, and she wanted me to get something done too.
31. Right after I got it done, I called my mom from the payphone on the corner to tell her. She was absolutely horrified and I think to this day I haven't heard her so upset with me as she was that night.
32. Oh, never mind. I thought of a time when she was even more mad than that. When I was a senior in high school, I went out with a bunch of people from work to a bowling party for someone's birthday, and then to the birthday boy's house afterwards for the after party. My curfew was 1AM. I started talking with SDM (who would eventually become my first long-term boyfriend), and before I knew it, it was like six in the morning. I went home and saw that my parents were still up, waiting for me. I snuck into my bedroom (my room was in the basement and I could use a side door) to avoid them, thinking maybe I could convince them in the morning that they had just missed me come in. Come eight or nine that morning, I woke up to frantic sounds coming from upstairs. I realized they still didn't know I was home, and in order to alert them to my presence, I blasted my radio. I don't remember what happened after that, but I remember I was in BIG trouble.
33. SDM, from the story above, worked overnight at a gym here in town. I used to sneak out of my house at one or two in the morning to take him Subway sandwiches and hang out with him at the gym. Using my parent's van.
34. I stopped doing that when I realized that, if something were to happen to me, my parents would have NO idea where I was or that I was hurt. And that scared me a lot. I'm kind of a pussy.
35. I knew for three years that SDM was cheating on me with a variety of girls, but stuck it out because I thought I wouldn't be able to do better.
36. AMBF proved me WAY wrong on that one.
37. When I was in high school, one of my friends told me I had ugly toes. It was years before I would wear sandals again. And, by the way, I have great toes.
38. I loved the girls I was friends with in high school. I really need to look them up.
39. My sophomore year of college was probably the most fun year of my life.
40. I'm a very touchy-feely person. I love being close to people.
41. Two of my favorite things are having someone draw on my back with the tips of their fingers and
42. Having someone play with my hair. I always make kids I babysit do this to me.
43. I love baby-sitting. If I won a lottery, I'd quit my job and work at a daycare.
44. My favorite movie is "The Princess Bride". I love the book, too.
45. I also love "Beauty and the Beast" (Disney-style).
46. I actually made AMBF drive all the way to Kansas City with me when "Beauty and the Beast" was playing at an IMAX theater there. It was totally worth it.
47. I'm not scared of snakes or bats, but I'm not too fond of crickets.
48. I think my dad pretty much knows everything.
49. My favorite Girl Scout Cookies are Carmel De-Lites.
50. I love driving a stick shift. (Halfway done!)
51. My first car was a Ford Tempo that was just a couple years younger than I was. It was a stick. I didn't know how to drive a stick. My dad tried to teach me, but he just made me cry. So one day when my parents weren't home, I took my sister (who I was babysitting) out and taught myself. I got stuck on a hill for what seemed like hours, but I learned!
52. I am working on being less lazy. And doing good!
53. When I was 13, I went to Jordan for six or so weeks with my aunt and cousins to visit her in-laws. It was amazing, and to this day negative Arab stereotypes hurt me very personally whenever I hear them.
54. My stomach is grumbling very loudly right now.
55. Growing up, I wanted super-long Crystal Gayle hair.
56. I also wanted to be a marine biologist.
57. I love to read. It might just be my favorite thing in the entire world.
58. How much of a dork am I for admitting that?
59. A huge one.
60. I used to be a great artist in high school. I even sold a couple of pictures that I did. I haven't done anything in a long time, but every once in a while I think about starting again.
61. I don't because I'm scared I won't be good anymore.
62. I thought of something I love more than reading. Traveling! I love to go new places.
63. I've broken my nose and a toe, but never anything major. I kind of wish I had, just once. Casts are kind of cool.
64. I am not the kind of person to send back food at a restaurant, unless it's covered in cheese and I specifically asked for no cheese. I don't like melted cheese.
65. I think it'd be fun to be on a talk show where they bring out some guy that you used to know that's been in love with you all these years and you had no idea.
66. I can play football pretty well, and throw the ball NOT like a girl!
67. I would love to do all sorts of exciting, adventurous things like skydiving and spuelunking and white water rafting and mountain climbing and learning to fly a plane.
68. I was a cheerleader in high school.
69. I still have the outfit!
70. I was also a debater. An immature debater who laughed at the name "Kant." And things like "I'm a master debator!"
71. I always forget to take my vitamins.
72. I have a bag of stuffed animals in my garage that I kept from when I was younger.
73. When I was in high school, I went on a backpacking treck with eleven other girls through New Mexico. It was amazing. We carried absolutely everything - food, tents, toilet paper - and hiked eight million miles. Maybe not, but it felt like it. One of the girls I met on that trip is a great friend, and the best thing is - we haven't seen each other since then. Just that one time, but we talk all the time.
74. I want to explore a rainforest.
75. When I was little, my dad told me you could open a stuck jar lid by blowing on it. I believed that for years.
76. I want to be on "The Amazing Race," but I would probably lose because I would be taking too many pictures and spend too much time talking to the locals.
77. I don't care how cheesy the acting is or how repetitive the stories get, I love CSI. And CSI: Miami to a lesser extent. CSI: NY, I can take it or leave it.
78. I am a punctuation Nazi. A huge pet peeve of mine is when signs misplace commas, apostrophes, and periods.
79. I love ice cream!
80. I was unimpressed by the Mona Lisa when I saw it up close and personal. But damn, the Eiffel Tower was amazing.
81. A personal failing of mine is that I can't iron very well. I always seem to iron more wrinkles in than I get out.
82. I love Seattle but hate Los Angeles.
83. I would love to be an imbedded news photographer, traveling with the troops or some adventure team, documenting events in far-away places.
84. I could never be a vegetarian. I love meat. (heh heh)
85. I wish I was 100% of some ethnic background, so I could fully embrace that culture's traditions.
86. I lose things. A lot.
87. I have two fish and two snails. One of each at work and home.
88. I am endlessly amused by said fish and snails.
89. I love the TV show LOST. I have a girl-crush on Kate. And also Grey's Anatomy. And also What Not to Wear, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Family Guy, Scrubs, The Office (seriously, Jim, marry me?), and I guess just TV in general.
90. I rock Suduku.
91. I try to work out four or five times a week, but I'm not very consistent. I wish I was.
92. The Dick Van Dyke show is awesome.
93. Lasagna is my specialty, but not my favorite meal.
94. I love honey barbeque and honey mustard sauces.
95. A good filet mignon that just melts in your mouth, like the way AMBF cooks it, is my favorite food.
96. I can type 50 WPM with 99% accuracy.
97. I love the smell of AMBF's shampoo and soap. Mmmmm.
98. I have dimples, I'm left-handed, and I have an outie belly-button.
99. I don't have a lucky number.
100. I don't care what anyone says, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" is an awesome song.
Monday, December 20, 2004
1. I was born on August 31, 1980.
Posted by Lara Hanlon at 9:57 AM