Tuesday, September 20, 2005

7 Is Not My Lucky Number

Thanks (in the least sincere way possible) to Scott for the tag.

7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die
1. Be a stay-at-home wife and mom
2. Graduate college
3. Make $100K+ a year
4. Buy my parents a house and a car
5. Go to Spain

6. Learn Arabic
7. Live in another city, larger than the one I live in now, for at least a year

7 Things I Can Do
1. Make my tongue into a "w"
2. Use wild gestures to punctuate my stories
3. Eat an entire box of pizza rolls in one sitting

4. Raise one eyebrow (But only if I'm looking in a mirror and concentrating hard.)
5. Read an entire 300 page book in one sitting
6. Spend an hour on the john reading said book
7. Remember an insane amount of useless trivia

7 Things I Cannot Do
1. Whistle
2. Roll my "r"s
3. Ski (Although I've never tried, though, so maybe I'd be amazing if I ever did. Because I'm all super athletic and everything.)

4. Stop biting my fingernails
5. Stop talking
6. Come to terms with my belly pooch
7. Sing. At all. Seriously, I'm terrible.

7 Things I Say Most Often
1. Um
2. Um
3. Like
4. I'm sorry
5. Um
6. Um
7. Um

7 Celebrity Crushes
1. Clive Owen
2. Jake Gyllenhal (I'll learn to spell his last name once we're married.)
3. Zach Braff
4. Jon Stewart
5. James Denton
6. Matthew Fox
7. Gary Dourdan


7 Things That Annoy Me
1. People who come to a full stop when turning right when it's not necessary.
2. My cowlick

3. Loud snoring
4. Red lights that don't turn green
5. My MP3 player running out of batteries when I still have an hour of my workout left
6. Expecting a new episode of a TV series and getting a repeat instead
7. People who get mad a kids for acting like kids
7. Pants with too many buttons and snaps and hooks that make it hard to undo when you really have to go. Or are just a little tipsy.
7. People who cannot figure out the right-of-way at a 4-way stop.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....Gary Dourdan. You just made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Gary Dourdan is delicious! Those eyes slay me.

Lara said...

Jennifer and Kate, I KNOW. His eyes are just amazing.

Weary Hag said...

Gary, Gary, Gary. You've just made MY day too! You did a fine job on your whole list. Quite interesting.

Kiki said...

I so want to be a stay at home mom too. It sounds like a sweet deal to me. Like the answers!!

Chris said...

You know what's crazy?! I have a total heterosexual man-crush on Clive Owen because of his starring role as The Driver in the BMW Films film series. I love him for doing that, and his character was perfect. I haven't been quite as impressed with him in his later work, but I'm coming around. I love his jaw structure!!!

Dan said...

I too have problem with pants with too many buttons and hooks. If I button the pants, and then hook the pants, I often forget to zip the fly because I've already done two things so I feel like I'm done.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to earn the 100k+ a year job before you become a stay-at-home wife and Mom or earn it for BEING a stay-at-home wife and Mom?

I believe the next profile pic should be proof of the whole tongue-w thing.

What the hell is a belly pooch?

Who the hell is Gary Dourdan?
(Who women round these parts go crazy for?)

You have 8 things that annoy you, you know.

I now havce a mental image of you sitting on the toilet for hours at a time.
Doesn't it get cold?

*

David Stehle said...

Hmm, turn your tounge into a W? Now THAT I would like to see! I've heard of the "U" but not a "W". Is that a useful trick? ;)

You may be the only female I know (well I don't really know you, know you) that can spend an hour in the bathroom on the toilet.

Bravo on eating the pizza rolls, but they are a little small so let's have an eating contest and you can try and eat a real/whole pizza! What do you say?

Also, forget sking. Go snowboarding! It's a blast and if you are already and atheletic type of girl, you should pick it up after a few falls.

Chixulub said...

Good post, but I have to say as someone of variable solvency and income:

You know the cliche you live up to what you earn? More accurate to say your relationship of expenses to income will stay static without regard to your income. If you spend $12,000 while earning $10,000, you'll spend $120,000 while earning $100,000. This is the voice of bitter experience speaking. Your crises will expand to fit the means, including creidt. Unless your'e one of those freaks who always has extra, in which case you could work minimum wage, never make an investment that wasn't at LEAST FDIC insured and die with millions to your name.

Bridget Unnel said...

Wow -- our lists (if I made one) would overlap, especially with regard to eating a box of pizza rolls and celebrity crushes!!

Anonymous said...

I love women and my fiance but I would turn gay for Zach Braff! That is one sexy talented man! Uh...I feel all funny now. Better sign off!!!!

Chris said...

Not to be too forward, seeing as how we just met and all, but I saw the New Year's pictures before reading this post, and I like your belly.

I'm just sayin'.

Brianne said...

Can I steal this?

sneaker demon said...

Before I die list:

#4: I think your little sister deserves a car, too. And the fact that she beat you to number 2 on the same list only makes her more deserving. (The fact that she is in law school and thus has a high earning potential makes her no less deserving.)

Things I cannot do list:

I didn't know that our brother also could not do numbers 1 or 2.