Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Why I'm the Best Daughter, Girlfriend, Godmother, Niece, and Granddaughter EVER.

  • TiVo and TiVo service. HELL YES.
  • New golf bag. Which kicks complete and total ass. And Scrubs season 1. And the first seven "Sin City" comics.
  • "Explorer" kit with a flashlight, camera, binoculars, watch, and compass. And if you knew this kid, you'd know how awesome that is.
  • Dart board.
  • Gift certificate for dinner. With me. Which is why it's so valuable.

Yes, this year was one of my best Christmases ever, gift-giving wise. I love love love picking out presents and wrapping them and giving them. I just wish I didn't have to spend money in order to do so. Okay, have to spend money is the wrong phrase, because there's always homemade gifts, but who really wants a hand-crocheted oven mitt? Not Steve Carell, certainly, which he demonstrated in one of the best "The Office" episodes ever.

10 comments:

Me! said...

I couldn't agree more. Well except the part about looking at the receipts and realizing how much money you have spent. Now THAT part sucks.

And you're so right about The Office Christmas episode. Got to love office Christmas exhanges. It was cracking my shit up.

Anonymous said...

So the explorer kit is clearly for your niece.

I'm guessing TiVo is for your parents.

Golf bag, Scrubs, Sin City - it all sounds so boy-friendy but then who got the dinner? Screw it, I'm giving this to your boyfriend.

I guess your Grandparents got the Dinner Cert. (Best present of the lot by the way!)

So the dart board is for your Godson/daughter?

Yeah, that about sorts that out.
I just had to get it clear in my head.

Yeah, "The Office" is okay, it's just not near as good as the British original.
Ricky Gervais, now that's some funny stuff.

*

Fizzgig said...

Tivo! The gift that keeps on giving! Excellent gift!

sue said...

Obviously you are one GOOD shopper!

Anonymous said...

Tivo and Service- rocking gift.

I have a seperate account for christmas shopping that I funnel money into all year long- that way I dont feel the pain so much 5 minutes before Christmas when I actually do my shopping.

You did good!

The Lazy Iguana said...

I did pretty good with my gift giving this year.

But as usual, I did friggin awesome buying gifts for me! I got myself some pretty good stuff!

Saucy Lil' Tart said...

I didn't get much past the TiVo. Grrrrrreat gift.

What'd you score in return?

Unknown said...

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU on The Office episode being the best thing i've seen on tv in years. i laughed my ass off. who rights this shit???

Anonymous said...

Send me some gifts :-) Glad you had a happy holiday!

Weary Hag said...

Awesome gift giving AMG!

Hey, I'm an avid The Office fan! Cannot get enough of that show. That particular episode had me rolling in laughter every second. Why does it always seem like it's only been on for 10 minutes when it goes off again? Sheesh.