Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Why I've Been Away. And The Answer is Surprisingly Not Booze.

Note: This probably doesn't mark the beginning of regular posting again. I know, I know...collective sigh of disappointment. Wait, what? That sounded a little more like a sigh of RELIEF. Hmpf to you.

I've been crazy, madly, deeply busy the past few months. I've always loved photography, and a little while ago I decided to pursue it in a more career-related fashion. I started taking photography classes (in addition to pursuing my business management degree, which I've been doing for the past, oh, two hundred years) and interning with local photographers who I admired. I've been creating a website (not done) and portfolio and pricing lists and real, grown-up business type things. In addition to working my regular full-time job.

In an ideal world I'd be a kindergarten teacher during the day (long-held dream occupation) and a photographer nights and summers. In that world I'm also two inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter, but strangely my boobs are the same size. Also, I have Ariel's hair.

So you can blame my newest obsession for taking my time away from you. My three readers (that figure includes my grandma).

19 comments:

Nevermore said...

what an absolutely gorgeous wedding - unique, you've got style...i love your blog. and i'll stop gushing now ;-)

Paul Michael Peters said...

Nice work. Talented eye.

t.k.foster said...

The black and white photos were awesome.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Nice work, human.

Miss Sarah said...

I'm so glad to see you post! And what a post it was!!!!!!! I LOVE the pics! You've done a fabulous job!!! Post more!

Jenni said...

Awesome! All the pictures were brillant.

Beautiful.

Chris said...

WOW! What exceptional photography. You really have a gift for it. I would happily pay good money for a book of your photographs. Great work! :)

Best of luck with all your endeavors. Also, should you need any help with the website you're putting together, just ask. I'd be happy to help out.

Anonymous said...

I miss you so!

Trée said...

Beautiful Photography. :-)

mysterygirl! said...

Yes, these pictures are beautiful. Hope you'll still post for us every now and then.

David Stehle said...

Even if you aren't writing, the eye candy is keeping me moderately entertained. Great photo snapping!

JulieGong said...

really great stuff. hope to see more soon!

dub said...

and now the miniscule remainder of free time amg does have is spent helping out with scotty and magnum's fun, new movie. she's too nice!

Mr. Toast said...

Very, very nice work. And consider this: the best part about being a "professional" photographer (besides the fact that all of your equipment is now tax-deductible) is that you can take off on road trips and vacations and call these trips "photo safaris".

Looking forward to more pics -- good luck to you.

Darcey said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos, AMG. Very impressed... and the wedding was so inspired! Loved it!

carl r said...

Beautiful photos.
And I was scrolling down, just reading... Very funny blog you have here.

Alexis said...

Beautiful!!! x x x x

Boobless Brigade Master said...

My advice to you is this:

Quit your day job.

Go photograph the world woman!
You have found your calling!

Glad to see you posting again:)

Vulgar Wizard said...

You are EXTREMELY talented!!!! Keep pursuing this! I dream of it myself.