Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life, as it happens.

I quite realize that no one ever checks this anymore. I wonder why that is?

It's not like I completely abandoned it.

No, not at all.

Only.....

Oh, right. I did.

Anyway, in the interim six or seven months since my last post, I got married. I'm now MRS. Anonymous Midwest Girl!

Here's me, about to be married. Hi about-to-be-married me!

6-629-dg-img_0822

Hey yourself, handsome.

6-637-dg-img_0818 6-630-dg-img_0809

Sigh, I still love my ring. This reminds me, since she set this shot up specifically to show her branding colors, these pictures were taking by the fabulous and extremely girl-crush worthy Darbi G, with the assistance of the equally fabulous Stacy Reeves.

lr1-131-dg-img_9940

Warning: we're bringing it, just ahead.

6-741-sr-img_4481 6-712-sr-img_4449 6-708-dg-img_0555

Oh, it was BROUGHT, yo.

Here's our wedding party.

4-077-dg-img_0654

I know, you didn't even there there was ONE person that cool in the Midwest, much less eight of us. Well, you know now. For future reference.

Here's us ACTUALLY getting married!

7-784-dg-img_9435

7-801-sr-img_4728

Caption: Holy crap, did I just do what I think I just did??

7-873-dg-img_9507

Here's my sister slash maid of honor giving her speech. All I heard was "blah blah blah most beautiful bride blah blah blah." Just kidding. Although I'm sure that was in there somewhere. In reality it was a perfect toast involving The Princess Bride.

9-930-dg-img_1098

Aww, isn't my husband cute? Squee! I love him! Sorry, got caught up in the newlywed bliss zone there. Please don't puke on your computer.

Here's our best man announcing to the world that AMBF (now AMH?) doesn't know how to do his own laundry.

9-939-sr-img_4969

Sadly, it's true.

Our first dance, where we somehow overcame history and did not trip over each other.

9-958-sr-img_5011

Then there was a lot of drinking and dancing. And dancing and drinking.

9-1081-sr-img_5134

9-1197-sr-img_5317

And.

Of course.

The traditional wedding s'mores.

9-1221-sr-img_5372

We've now lived happily ever after for two months. Now just 600 or so to go....




P.S. In case you're wondering, I kept that NKOTB wallpaper up until just a few months ago, when I replaced it with an Obama victory one. Sometimes, though, when I've had enough hope, I kind of miss Joey's smoldering face in the morning.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally have a crush on Darbi G. Oh wait. That's me. Well, I have one on you. :)

T. M. Hunter said...

Congratulations! May you have many happy years together!

BrideOfPorkins said...

Congrats, you make a fine looking anonymous midwest couple!

scott c said...

Nice. I made the pics. I'm awesome.

Bite Me said...

Congrats, you make a beautiful couple! I haven't quite kept up with my blog either, though nobody reads mine anymore either. ;-) Good to see you're doing well. Btw, if you're wondering who the hell I am, I'm a loyal reader, but only a very occasional commenter, and fellow midwesterner.

JulieGong said...

congrats! you both look absolutely stunning. i mean you look more stunning but he's not doing too bad a job.

Greg said...

Whoops-- I accidentally posted this on the NKOTB wallpaper post below... let's try this again...

Beautiful photographs! And congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

I've been away from the blog for a bit too.

Believe in each other, be there for each other and respect each other's moments... good or bad.

It's worked for the wife and I for over 31 years.

Great to see you posting again.

Chixulub said...

AMBF is now Anonymous Midwest Husband? Or is it Anonymous Midwest Unaccountably Lucky Bastard?

I sure miss your blog.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on your blog. I LOVE your dress! It's so pretty! Looks like you had a lovely wedding. :)

Mr. Toast said...

Well this is WAY late but let me say CONGRATULATIONS. The smile on your face in those pics is priceless. Mazeltov!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. GOd. You're alive. I don't know what I'm more surprised by - that you're married or that you posted!
Congrats AMG. I know you guys are in love so it's got to be right.
Respect.
Now keep the damn posts coming.
*

the truth said...

you can do much better than him

Mike T. said...

I had previously bookmarked your blog and just revisited. You got married in the meantime - yay for you!

My wife and I attended a wedding last weekend. During the ceremony, when the pastor said "let us pray", the fire alarm went off. Seriously.

Later, at garter-toss time, the groom couldn't find the garter on her leg, and he had to look up her dress to find it! I'm still trying to figure out if that was okay or not...

Mike T.
Roseville

Gadfly said...

Wow. You're not as anonymous as you used to be. Nice dimples (like you've never heard that one before).

Congratulations :D

Anonymous said...

You Look real good,keep on the Blog

Jessica Cernat said...

Congratulations on your marriage!! Showing some love from a Dallas Wedding Photographer!! I wish you lots of happiness your way!!