Friday, May 01, 2009

That's the way I roll...

So I had an awkward moment at the chiropractor today. I found out I've been getting too naked.

Backstory:
When I first went to the doctor, I got x-rays (as they do). In order to get x-rays, of course, you have to disrobe and put on a lovely hospital-type gown. I went straight from getting x-rays to getting my first adjustment. The next time I went, they showed me to the same room I had previously used to change, and said to put my gown in the designated bin when I was finished. Cool, no problem, I can follow simple instructions like a fucking pro. So I again get naked (well, not entirely, I kept my Eeyore panties on. Why do I have Eeyore on my underwear? I truly have no clue.) and put a gown on. All goes well. This same scenario happens the next time...and the next time...and the next time...and so on, for like three months.

Today, I got shown to a room I hadn't used before to get ready. And prominently displayed on the door is this notice:


I did a double take when I saw that. Disrobe from the WAIST up? Why the heck have I been taking my pants off? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this small fact to me? Did the doctor specifically request that I be put in this prep room BECAUSE I'd been getting too naked and he wanted me to start putting some freaking pants on?? What if I went out WITH pants and he got offended? Why would that offend him?? I don't know, I couldn't think of anything but my inadvertent superfluous nudity. I wasn't thinking clearly.

Anyway, anticlimactic ending: I kept my pants on.

6 comments:

MrCorey said...

OMG! That cracked me up! Its so nice to see that you haven't lost your "you"-ness (yes! That's a word! I just said that it is!)

brandneworld said...

LOL just browsing around the net to submit my new journal in Bloggeries.. saw you're blog. This is a very interesting story (include the fact that.. its sexy)) :D Will be reading more of AMG.

Gadfly said...

That's too freaking funny ;-D

VeeKaye said...

Sounds like my first time at a chiropractor's office. No wonder his eyebrows hit the ceiling when he walked into the room. Too funny.

Fedge said...

Not trying to troll. I read that and the sign. It seemed odd. I had to look up 'gown'. 'Gown' means to dress in a gown. What it meant was you can't have your tits out in there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.