Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Breaded Cod with Salmonella Sauce

Yesterday I brought a frozen meal for lunch, and then promptly forgot about it, so it sat all day at my desk thawing out. When I discovered it again, it was warm and soggy, and I think I saw something moving inside it. On my way out I stuck it in the freezer here at work (I mean "there" at work...because of course I'm not at work doing this...that would be against all of my work ethics. Ahem.). And then I nuked it and ate it for lunch today.

It was fish.

That was probably not a good thing to do.

But I'm sure I'll be fine.

Right?

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Yuk ! Ever read on the packet that once unfroze you can't freeze it again ? That's for a good reason ! Bacteria will developp... and then you might have an indigestion... yuk yuk. Well I hope you don't get sick.

MooCow said...

Do you prefer flowers or should we just donate money to the memorial fund?

Whitney said...

Yeah, uh...good luck with that.

Andrew Butters said...

You're fucked.

Robert said...

Mmmmm!! Salmonella Sauce!!! Just drink lots of alcohol as a chaser. It'll kill off the bugs (as well as a few brain cells).

beardedriffraff said...

I forsee no death, but possible unpleasant hallucinations or maybe maybe pleasant ones, hard to tell.

Lara said...

YEAH! No side effects. None at all - no getting to know the toilet, no upset stomach (or tummy, as I affectionately call it), no death...hmm...that 1/2 eaten day old ham sandwhich sitting on top of the trash looks good...

PAN said...

Don't tempt fate, now.

Thanks for a thoroughly entertaining blog. I had to post a link to yours, since mine is so boring.