Wednesday, June 01, 2005

In Exactly 24 Hours I Will Be Driving to the Airport!

I didn't get any mail yesterday.

No Victoria's Secret catalogues*; no starving children with little pot bellies wanting me to feed them (Hello? Ever hear of situps?**); no credit card applications begging to be filled out; no postcards from the service station down the street offering cut-rate oil changes since I don't think they actually use oil, just colored water; not even a note from my eighth-grade pen pal Zyyzclickclickzyguh from Mauritius, a tiny island off the coast of Africa, just east of Madagascar (You didn't think you'd learn anything today, did you? But you just did!).

I'm not sure what that means for sure, but I think it might mean that I was temporarily erased from the fabric of existence yesterday, which means I should have stayed home from work.


* Seriously, you send out what? 395 million a year? And you couldn't get one to me?
** Totally kidding, but when my cousin was like six she actually said that to the TV when one of those commercials came on.

4 comments:

Andrew Butters said...

Last week I didn't get mail on Tuesday OR Wednesday. Which is really odd because last Monday up here was a holiday. That's 3 days of no mail for me, my wife or my daughter. I think I'm now officially "off the grid".

I know kung fu!

Anonymous said...

I only get mail when I really, really want it. Ah, the beauty of a superbox that is too far to walk to.

Unknown said...

That's funny you mentioned this because I didn't get my USA Today twice last week (forgot which days, I don't save them after they're read). Weird shit.

Nice, so enjoy your voyage and be sure to take plenty of photos for the peops!

Be safe!

Peace.

Unknown said...

That's funny you mentioned this because I didn't get my USA Today twice last week (forgot which days, I don't save them after they're read). Weird shit.

Nice, so enjoy your voyage and be sure to take plenty of photos for the peops!

Be safe!

Peace.