Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Why Does An Evening of Drinking Always Devolve to Bouts of Man-on-Man Loving?

So after hosting a party at our house for New Year's Eve, spending the entire day after (with the sole exception of getting pizza from the delivery guy) in bed recovering from drinking more champagne than an entire wedding party, and Monday cleaning up from said party, I still want nothing more than to crawl back to bed . But alas, my "boss" thinks I should be at "work" to "get some shit done already" so that's not an option.

The New Year's party at our house offered poker (third place, bitches), darts, Donkey Konga (yes, that's the one with the bongos) (now I KNOW you're jealous), a keg, two giant bottles of Sky, sixteen cans of Red Bull, shrimp cocktails, chips and salsa, and lots of lots of champagne. And that's just what we had. Our guests, all being alcoholics of varying stages, brought enough liquor to satisfy even Jenna Bush. I would have said Tara Reid, but I don't know that there's a level of satisfaction to be reached there.

I think this photograph does a supreme job of summarizing my evening:



A little man-love never hurt anyone:



An evening of bongos, darts, and poker:



And booze:



Which quickly escalated into violence:



And a death:



Keeping the dead company:



But it's okay, we saved her:



There was also a strange series of pictures taken in a kitchen sink that was sitting in the garage. I don't know what these are all about:



And several cases of ambush photography:




How we were seeing things by the end of the evening:



What happens when you try to get a nice picture of the girls:



But it's okay, we got some later when they were occupied by X-Box 360:



And finally, a comparison between the first picture, taken at 7:36 PM, and the last picture, taken at 6:09 AM:



19 comments:

bigfootcookie said...

Where they proper darts? Or those pansy soft tipped plastic darts that wouldn't take your eye out?

I still bear the scars......

Mind you, at least the electronic soft tipped option means less fighting amongst the players, when you're try to add scores up when shit faced.

sue said...

Looks like fun was had by all... with minimal pain involved.

Anonymous said...

I've got a hangover from just reading this. . .

scott c said...

Wow. Looks like fun. Glad I was invited.
sc.

JoeyJoJoJo said...

Ahh yes, drunken man-lovin no new year's party would be complete without it!!

Anonymous said...

I see man-love (HUGE no homo) but where's the girl-love? You hurt me on the inside.

David Stehle said...

A photo of 4 girls with 2 naked butts, I think that is frame worthy enough to send to your Grandma.

exile said...

nights like that are so fun...

or so i've heard
*sniffle*

Looking Forward to Better Things said...

Hey Midwest, I've been scanning your blog, I know you've left posts on mine. So, I figured that I'd go ahead and place a link from my blog to yours. If this isn't okay let me know. Otherwise, party on!

~Mike

* said...

okay - dang that's freakin' hilarious!

Honey Bunny said...

looks like a good time!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Such debauchery. I suggest you seek religious counseling immediately.

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

You know how to do it up right! Next time I'm out your way, expect a phone call and if you meander on down to Texas we'll show you how we do it in the dirty South. It can't be too different but it sounds like fun! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow
Did I see two good pictures of AMBF?
I'm impressed!

Mr. Toast said...

Good times.

What I want to know is, did you wake up New Year's day to find anything written on your ass in felt-tip pen?

Pipi Longstockings said...

whre im from, its always girl on girl action. lol! anyway, happy new year! I know im abit late on that one.

Weary Hag said...

Okay, I've heard of people having their sinks lowered to reduce back strain, but that's a bit much!

Looks like everyone had a great time ... Yay for New Years! And best wishes to you for a good'n.

ALRO said...

Looked like a lot of fun --- happy new year !!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great celebration! I don't remember all of mine, but the pictures spoke for themself. Happy New Year!