Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Because Really, Aren't Chocolates What Valentine's Day is All About? And If Not, I'm Not Sure I Want to Be a Part of This.

So the first thing I did upon receiving a box of gourmet chocolates from AMBF was throw the nutritional information insert away. Because....I just don't want to know. Then I picked out all the caramel ones and all the coconut ones and ate them. Then, a few minutes later, I finished those nut cluster ones. Then I giggled for a minute at the names of some of the chocolates (Vermont Nut Cream? Seriously?), then I ate some more. Then I decided to just finish it off, because a) it's a holiday so calories don't count, and b) I'm getting a treadmill today with my tax return money, so the calories are already practically burned off. Add that to the fact that the calories don't count today, and I'm actually negative calories. See? I'm practically starving myself, what with the caloric depletion and all. Will someone get the girl a burger already?

Sorry, I'm on a bit of a sugar high right now and the whole concentrating-on-writing-an-awesome-post thing just isn't happening. Mmmm caramel. Mmmm coconut. Mmmm chocolate. Mmmm Jake Gyllenhaal. Sorry, that last one just kinda slipped out.

If I don't post tomorrow, will someone check on me? I might be in a chocolate coma, passed out on the floor with chocolate spread all over my face and wrappers strewn around my supine body.

9 comments:

Bama Girl said...

So jealous. While I love the roses I received, they don't come with a caramel center.

Chris said...

Mmm. Supine...

I'm sorry. I just love that word.

Glad you're V-Day was tasty!

hannah said...

While I was stuck (happily) with peanut butter and cherry cream Hershey Kisses, you were gobbling up Pecan Crowns and Milk Chocolate Ruffians. Deee-lish!

Brianne said...

I didn't get chocolates this year. The reasons are threefold: 1)I got a ginormous box last year, 2)we are both broke and 3)we live right down the street from a Russell Stover's store and it hasn't been THAT long ago that we splurged. I absolutely adore their Maple Nut Creams. hehe

JulieGong said...

but wouldn't it be so worth it being in a chocolate coma...

kchertu said...

Hey there, I've been reading your blog since way back in the day when immoderation was in full force. I'm glad you're still around to entertain me at work! I finally linked you on my page, just trying to spread the joy! :)

TYSEN said...

I got my wife some chocolates, little bees so she could "bee mine" and some chocolate coins to show her how much she is worth to me. But I also tried to get her a fancy dark chocolate bar (figuring there would be leftovers for me), but I didn't read the label close enough. While it was 88% cocoa (which I assume is good because the number is really high), it was bitter chocolate, which is kinda gross. She didn't want it so I have been eating it. However, I have to roll it in sugar first.

Chocolate is the best!

David Stehle said...

Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, so it's no wonder you are addicted in in love with your Vermont Nut Cream.

Mike said...

Valentines day was originally infamous for gangland murders. Then the satan worshipping capital economy decided to turn it into a capitalist holiday where billions are spent every year. if you celebrate valentines day, you are automatically one of the worst heathens ever to walk the earth...and God hates you. He told me. Oh, and in case you were considering commenting on my site. Don’t, my wit and debate skills will crush you into oblivion.
God 1
sinners 0
TCOJCOEMLDS