Monday, March 20, 2006

What. The Hell???

This weekend it snowed somewhere between four and six inches. And we're supposed to get another six plus before tomorrow, bringing us to somewhere over a foot of snow.

Hello, God? Are you there? It's me, super freaking pissed off midwest girl who was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the snow and cold weather would be over by, oh, I don't know, the FIRST DAY OF SPRING? This is how you usher in Spring? This is how you define "in like a lion, out like a lamb?" This is an average high of 50 degrees with two inches of precipitation? Maybe someone (not naming any names, God) needs to go back to math class. An unexpected day of heavy snow was fine fifteen years ago when I was in grade school and welcomed any excuse not to go to school and instead make snow angels; however, today, without the privilege of snow days, it is most certainly not acceptable.

I'm warning you, God, or Al Roker, or whoever it is that controls the weather, this is your last chance. If it doesn't reach at least 60 degrees in the next seven days, it's hello Scientology!

10 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Everything you just posted about is the exact reason why I left the Midwest and New England for the sunny Southwest. Our temps haven't been too great lately but at least it is not snowing...and its supposed to be 78 by Friday.

Not that I'm rubbing it in...

Perhaps it is time for a visit to a warm place.

hannah said...

You gotta love global warming! How else can you go from having 75 degrees last week in NYC to having 35 degrees today? I cant wait until summer. Maybe we'll have some snow in August. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

This weather sucks.
We have the chances of snow tonight.. Screw that.

Scientology. I heard you cant drink with that religion.

Shmorg said...

I glad to know I'm not the only person upset with the shitty weather. Here in STL we are expecting 1-3 inches of snow tonight. Which translates into no snow or a foot of snow. I hate STL weather

Brianne said...

Whoa whoa WHOA - honey scientology is not the answer (notice how I didn't capitalize as it is not a real religion so much as a cult). Would you like to talk? hmm? Have a cup of hot chocolate? hmm? With marshmallows? Would you like that? Would that make you feel better? (my bad impression of Stewie) Alright there. You know it'll be back up to 60 in a matter of days. Chin up!

Me! said...

Here in southern Ohio they are actually predicting 9" of snow accumulation. Seriously, WTF? It's like God's cruel joke. "Look at those stupid people shifting their winter clothes to the back of the closet and getting their feet all pampered for sandals. Silly humans! I'll pour snow on them to teach them a lesson" Can't you hear God up there with some roaring thunderous laughter?

scott c said...

I don't think March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb as a rule. I mean, can't it come in like a lamb (like this year) and go out like a lion?

I might just be desperate to keep my supply of illogical statements alive...
sc.

Chris said...

I'm right there with ya. I thought for sure the temps in the upper-60s last week were a sign that spring was here, but no. Below freezing this morning, and the past few mornings. Yesterday I was told it was spring, and I made the comment, "more or less". The other person looked confused and pointed to the calendar. I pointed to the window and asked, "Have you BEEN outside?"

Bleh. Must have warm weather.

And yeah, step away from the scientology. No drinking, no drugs and I'm pretty sure they have some weird ideas about sex. Stick with hedonism, darlin'. ;)

Tillerman said...

Snow is Tom Cruise's way of letting you know it's time to sign up for Scientology.

Robert said...

Wow! That's really weird. Because it's sunny and 80 degrees here.