Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I (BANG) Can't (CRASH) Concentrate (WHAM) Today (BOOM) for (WHACK) Some (RATTLE) Reason (CRASH BOOM BANG*)

So right now, they (oh, those mysterious "they" people that so much in life gets credited to!) are redoing the roof at my work. Currently they are working on the section of roof that is roughly, I don't know, right above my office. It is so loud, I can't think or work or really function at all. At one point today, I had something to write about. However, after sitting under heavy construction all day, it has been literally pounded out of my head. I've been staring at the same email for the past thirty minutes trying to compose a response, but my train of thought is continually interrupted by loud bangs, and I suspect this is what it would sound like if there were sumo wrestlers on the roof throwing each other around.

The one plus? There are some hot shirtless (hello, because it's EIGHTY LOVELY DEGREES OUT) workers hovering around the building.



*What's up with that thang? I wanna know, how does it hang?

10 comments:

hannah said...

Are you staring at the hot construction men whilst sipping a diet coke a la those early 90's ads?

Unknown said...

Somehow I knew you'd find a silver lining in that cloud!

minijonb said...

As long as no one falls through the roof and lands on you, you'll be just fine, darlin'. Just turn up some tunes and drown it out.

scott c said...

Oh. The shirtless workers were male? Well, so much for my trip to Mid-sized Midwestern city.
sc.

Brianne said...

Straight up, wait up, hold up, Mr. Lover

Echrai said...

Woo hoo! Any of them drinking Diet Coke? Or was that pepsi? Who cares? I can't remember the drink, just the hot construction worker. :)

Anonymous said...

So you have a penthouse office?
Nice.

But despite your lofty positions, try not to objectify those workers, remember; they're people too.

*

Chris said...

No, you should totally objectify them. They don't mind. ;)

Is it any better today?

JulieGong said...

Not that I'm stalking you even though I've been talking a lot about stalking lately on my blog but do you realize sc has taken away your 'anonymous' title...

CochiseandSpurLethr said...

It was a lovely day wasn't it....