Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am a total ass.

I'm pretty retarded quite often. And hopefully no one takes offense to me using that word, because in reality, I'm actually being quite retarded.

Like today. A while ago a new fast food restaurant went up in our neighborhood. And every once in a while we'd drive by and I'd comment, "Hmm, sometime we'll have to try that restaurant." Today someone told me that said new restaurant is one of their favorite fast food places. And I re-told this story to AMBF, reiterating the fact that we should try it sometime.

He replied, "Yuck."

"How do you know? Have you been there before?"

"Yeah. Several times."

And before I even had the logical thought of "Dude, if it's yuck, why have you gone several times?", I'm thinking, WHAT? You went to a new restaurant without consulting me? Don't you know that you must check in with me before doing ANYTHING IN LIFE because I might want to do it too? How dare you stop at a very convenient restaurant that is exactly on your way home from work to eat on days when I was gone at school until very late? Here I was waiting to try the restaurant with you so we can enjoy an experience together, only to find out you are off discovering new restaurants and new shops and new cities and probably new planets and life forms. And I was getting quite bitter about it.

Because I am an unreasonable asshole. I need to be punched in the face.

Luckily this was all over IM (instant messaging for you un-hip folks) so as long as I don't tell anyone about my unreasonable assy-ness, he'll never know.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I don't know that you necessarily deserve face punching, nor do I think "asshole" applies in this scenario.

However, you should be proud of yourself for recognizing the unreasonableness before letting it out. Most people don't. :)

scott c said...

Here I was expecting an awesome retard-esque story and got domestic strife.

Let down once again, AMG. Let down once again.

Braindead Betty said...

Eh, if that's the worst thing you've ever done to him, then you have the best. relationship. ever.

Have fun!

T. M. Hunter said...

It sounds as if AMBF has almost been promoted to AMH...