Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Traffic Lights and Verification of Your Existance

Today, while waiting in a turn lane, the green arrow never came. I know it was there, taunting me, daring me to go anyways, but it never turned green. The other lights changed to green and red and back again as they should (obviously they skipped yellow), but that elusive green arrow didn't. I tried pulling forward, backing up, getting out of the car and jumping up and down on the hood, and pleading with the light, but it remained unconvinced to change. It was kind of belittling to tell the truth. Am I not good enough, worthy enough of the green arrow? Or had I wronged that particular green arrow in the past? Was it mocking me for taking it for granted all those times it had so lovingly allowed me to continue on my way? Green arrow, I'm sorry. I realize the power you wield (Weild? Both ways look weird. Wierd?) . I vow to appreciate you more, call you more, bring you flowers. Valentine's Day is coming up, I'll make it up to you.

5 comments:

Rezinous said...

This traffic light is fantastically random. You should of went another way to spite the traffic light to show it whos the boss.

MooCow said...

I feel your pain. I've fallen victim to the automatic doors at Target not opening.

That green arrow thinks he's so cool.

Unknown said...

Did you, perhaps, sell your friend Milhouse a slip of paper that read "Anonymous Midwest Girl's Soul" for five bucks? That could have been the cause.

Lara said...

Oh, god, I do vaguely remember some sort of deal with Milhouse...that kid is just so damn convincing. Must...go...find...soul.

Robert said...

I run across it all the time on the motorcycle. There isn't enough mass on the bike to trigger some of those lights. It's my payback for splitting lanes on the freeway.

I've got to stop reading your blog at work. Unexplained laughter is a sure sign you're not working.