Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Your Day Was Better Than His...

...maybe. While "next blogging" (despite Eve's warning) it I came across this jewel:

10 Things I Did Today

So far, mine would be:

1. Woke up late.
2. Decided to, on a whim because I wasn't late enough, break my car (as I was pulling into the parking lot at work, there was a horrible metallic screech/thud, and when I got out to investigate, found my driver's side front tire was at a perpendicular angle to my car. Fun!).
3. Called a tow truck.
3. Waited for said tow truck for an hour in the cold. The very windy, bitter cold. The kind that makes the sides of your nose freeze together every time you breathe in.
4. Realized I typed "3" twice and contemplated fixing it, but decided that would be too much work. Plus, I needed a number 4.
5. Received a number of dirty looks from people who got stuck behind my car.
6. Laughed at them when they realized that they just spent 20 minutes waiting behind my car when they could have pulled around it at any time and continued on their merry little way.
7. Bent over at the ankles and took it up the ass without lube. Oh, wait, actually I paid $60 for a four block tow. Same thing.
8. Since I obviously like throwing money away, decided to go ahead and send that Nigerian Prince who keeps emailing me because he needs a bank account in the U.S. to hold his gold some money. And sent some to Jerry Falwell for the heck of it.
9 (Actually ten since I did two number 3s). Immediately signed up for AAA upon return to my desk, since a year membership is only $57 and this was the second time I had to get my car towed in 12 months.

3 comments:

slurr van dark said...

Sounds like a great day, plenty of action. Anyway, thanks for the comment on the blog about the bush article.

Firehand said...

I've come to the conclusion that nothing outside of death or serious disease equals the sick feeling when the transportation does something unhealthy.

Especially when it involves obscenities like 'tow truck'.

Anonymous said...

"took it up the ass without lube"

Um.... does this imply you know the difference between taking with and taking it without? Just curious.