Friday, February 04, 2005

I Don't Know Whether I Can Weather the Weather.

So this is why I hate living in the midwest ("What?" you say. "You live in the midwest?" "Why, yes," I respond. "That is where the name of my blog came from. I wasn't lying, you see."). Because tomorrow (Saturday, for anyone without a clear sense of time) it is supposed to be 64 degrees outside. This is up from an average temperature during the last few months of between -10 degrees (Cold level: Freezes the snot in your nose and actually hurts to breathe. Ears and fingers in danger of falling off. Wet hair immediately freezes and breaks off in chunks. Danger! Danger!) and 33 degrees (Cold level: Cold enough to be damn cold, but not cold enough to snow. And if it's going to be that cold, it might as well snow, right?).

So they announce that it's going be a balmy, mild 64 degrees. I'm ecstatic, I'm thrilled, I'm ready to get my bikini out. Then they drop the bombshell: It's supposed to snow on Sunday.

How can it be shorts weather one day and parka weather the next day?

I could cry.

I hate this state.*

*Okay, actually I don't technically hate this state. I enjoy many things about it. The shape, for instance. But I do hate the weather.

8 comments:

Robert said...

It's in the About Me section: Nebraska

MrCorey said...

I have to agree about the weather thing. I live in New Brunswick, CA, and the weather is about the same. It really sucks! Of course the 120 deg August days are another story.....by the way, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I apreciated your comment. ;-)

Robert said...

Yeah, it's really weird here too. Sunny and 70-80 degrees almost year round. It's a real bitch sometimes. HaHaHaHa!

Lara said...

We have the 120 degrees - with 80 percent humidity - in the summer too. There's actually maybe three days of the year where it's 78 or so and nice. The rest of the time is either sweltering or freezing.

Robert, I think I hate you.

an Oracle said...

You should move up here to the pacific northwest, you know its winter, no bikini days at all !!!

The Dunagans said...

Yeah I feel your pain. Wisconsin isn't any better than where you are!

Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

i'm originally from minne, and let me tell you, after living in colorado for a couple o years, snow starts to become your fantasy... i know it sounds weird, but i miss 5 foot snow drifts and stupid people with texas lisence plates that get stuck in them...

Lara said...

I actually think I might be cold blooded and can't maintain my own body temperature. Like a snake. I need a heat rock to curl up on to get warm.