Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'll Take the Broiled Kea in Garlic Sauce with a side of Myc.

Are you busy at work? Lots of stuff to do? Now would not be the time to click on a time-wasting addictive game link that will frustrate you to the point of insanity but won't allow you to leave the page? Don't know lots of three and four letter words?

Then don't click here for an online Boggle game. I mean it...you will become a giant blob of ectoplasm oozing down your computer chair. Not very productive, certainly. You may be fired. Unless you can somehow claim that firing a blob of ectoplasm constitutes some form of discrimination.

As for the frustrating part...here are some of the words I missed:

brigand, riband, kea, bani, brig, girn, girt, trig, vina, ain, ani, dag, dan, gan, myc, via, yid

I recognize about a third of those as being actual words. "Kea", though? A "brownish-green mountain-dwelling New Zealand parrot (Nestor notabilis) that usually eats insects but sometimes feeds on carrion and rubbish." Really, now you're just making stuff up.

11 comments:

Andrew Butters said...

You are an evil evil woman.

"E-vil. Like the fru-its of the dev-il. E-vil."
- So I Married An Axe Murderer

Unknown said...

Boggle is like Snood. Highly addictive and a middle managers worst nightmare. ;)

Robert said...

Try this one:

Sissy Fights

Anonymous said...

"I'm the king of Boggle/There is none higher/I got 50 points/off the word quagmire" - Beastie Boys: "Putting Shame in Your Game"

David said...

Boggle... Fun... Must... not... play...

Robert said...

Well, I stink at it. I'm usually about 30-40 points behind the leader.

BP said...

I thought Kea was a company that sold cheap "Sweedish" furniture. ;)

Unknown said...

That little hook you recited is actually from Run DMC, Beasties just borrowed it. ;) I know I'm showing my advanced age so I'll bow out now... LOL.

LeRoy said...

Right, I meant to post earlier saying curse you for posting this stupid link, but apparently I spent all night and most of today trying to figure out what exactly "maa" means. How have I gone my entire life without ever using it?

LeRoy said...

Now my life is complete. I finally got the sacred "Words Only You Found This Round"--for "impish" My life wasn't a waste after all.

mungojelly said...

Keas are awesome. I saw one on a trip to NZ. They like to play with things. They're the most fun animal ever. If you saw a real one you'd be even more convinced they're just making them up.

<3