Friday, February 11, 2005

Just $30 to Watch Someone Have a Heart Attack!

Yesterday I saw an older man nearly have a heart attack in front of hundreds of people...and not only laughed the entire time, but paid for the privelage to do so. Lewis Black was in town for a one-night special engagement at a local comedy club. Dude is hilarious, but honestly, I'm surprised he's still alive. He had veins popping out of his forehead so large that I named them, and sweated enough to make Richard Simmons look like a commercial for Lady Speed Stick. If you haven't seen him, look for him on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" - check local listings for show times (I've always wanted to say that). He does very a very intelligent, politically-based routine that is fantastic. Assuming he doesn't keel over and die on stage. Which would be a little scary. But probably worth the $30 bucks.

5 comments:

Dave Morris said...

AMG, I'm hoping Lewis will come to St. Louis soon. He's probably my favorite comedian - I guess partly because of his facial expressions/stage presence, but mostly I like cynical sarcastic comedy. Love his stuff on Daily Show, but it's not the same if he can't say f**k. haha!

Good weekend,
Dave

Robert said...

I'm not that big on Lewis.

One of my favorites is Dimitri Moore:
"I bought a cactus; it died. Then I realized, I'm less nurturing than the desert."

MrCorey said...

He does one of the best deadpan acts out there.

exile said...

"if it weren't for my horse, i wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Anonymous said...

I love Dimitri Moore, he is SOOOOO funny!