Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It Was Just Like EuroTrip.*

First, a quick background on the trip that may or may not be relevant to this and future stories. I went as part of my little (by 8 years) sister's school group. There were about 60 students that went, along with 10 teachers and 6 of us "tagalongs" that weren't really chaperones but weren't students. Did I mention that my sister goes to the same all-girl's Catholic high school that I went to? So the 60 students were all girls (grrls for all you feminists out there, or people who just like to growl).

Traveling with 60 16, 17, and 18 year girls was an experience (NOT THAT KIND YOU DIRTY PERVS) that can be summed up in one word:

DRAMA

Oh, god. The complaining. The PMS. The cattiness. The bitching. The bitching about the bitching. The feeling that jumping from the Eiffel Tower seemed like a pretty good idea. The desperate plan to "accidentally" lose them on the London tube. MTV would have loved it.**

However, despite the homicidal mania, it was good times.

Like the time in London that we (all 70+ of us) were waiting outside our hotel with our luggage for the bus to come to take us to the train station so we could take the Eurostar to Paris.

We waited.

And waited.

And it never came.

So what was the logical thing to do? Apparently, it was to walk to the nearest Underground station and take the tube to the train.

All 70 of us.

With luggage.

It was brilliant.



* Except without the Worst Twins Ever. And the exchange rate worked against us. And there was no creepy Italian man on the train. There WAS a creepy Italian man, but not on the train. That story later.

** I do want to make it clear that I in no way include my Anonymous Midwest Sister in this category of girls, nor the lovely group that she hung out with (with the exception of Super Annoying Girl I Wanted to Kick). AMS is a great kid and I am SO glad that I got to share this experience with her!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to here more stories and see some pics.

GQ1NYC said...

Look forward to the stories! 70+ wow that is scary.

Jessica said...

Wow! Europe! so lucky. I bet you had a blast. I am so dying to go. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog btw.

Matt said...

525% increase. that is a lot.

Unknown said...

I am starting to believe there is a correlation between "italian men" and "creepy". (I speak from personal experience, so don't be calling the Anti-Defamation Italian League on me, y'all.)

But yeah for Europe and sisterly bonding!

Unknown said...

Wow! I loved the movie so the trip sounds like it was a blast sans the drama. Sorry to hear you had a run in with a creepy high-tie!

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to our side of the Atlantic. I haven't gone as far as AMG-land, let alone across that big puddle. Maybe someday I'll know the feeling you now have. :)

Anonymous said...

drama aside, that sounds like one HILARIOUS site to see and a hell of a good time.....cheers. ;)

bscarter said...

Super Annoying Girl I Wanted to Kick - my wife speaks of this girl often. She must get around.