Monday, November 14, 2005

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I know. Trust Me.

Someone commented to me that I was really letting the California trip post carry the week. And yeah, that might be true, but seriously? Retarded children? If that can't carry a week, then I don't know what can. Possibly the "Dead Babies are Funnier" post I have saved as a draft that will never see the light of day, because it's a bit depraved, even for me. Maybe someday...sigh...maybe someday.

You know you've really become a slave to technology (read: an utterly lazy bastard) when you find a sweet link that you really want to share with someone, but don't, because they aren't signed into Messenger or AIM. Opening your email account, signing in, and composing an email to share the link has become far too much work. It used to be that emailing was the shortcut in lieu of making a phone call. Now making a phone call is just completely archaic, and emailing is becoming a pain. I'll either text message you, or send you an IM. Any communication outside of that is just asking way too much. And yes, you grammar Nazis, I did just use "email" as a verb. Twice.

8 comments:

Adam said...

There's something about us midwesterners and our fascination with California...I spent a bunch of time out there when I was in college and still look back on it as the greatest place in the world.

Anonymous said...

So would you e-mail the banished post?

JoeyJoJoJo said...

Funny, I just wrote an English paper on this subject(communications, not dead babies) and I got nailed for using not only "email" as a verb but "text message" as well. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Lara said...

Haha, NJ, fear not. I eat my comments for breakfast, so the more the better. In fact, I get clinically depressed if there is less than 20. I always read every one!

Gadfly said...

If you can't make fun of drooling little mongoloid children -- what's this world coming to?

palinode said...

Dead babies are funnier.

Anonymous said...

dun dun dun...

sue said...

Damn. I always miss the fun stuff.