Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Three Steps to Living a Fulfilled Life

1. Buy Lemmings for PSP (important note: buy PSP first if not already owned). That's right, mother effing Lemmings, i.e. the best computer game ever made, i.e. the occupation to which many childhood hours were lost, i.e. the game I always wished would come back.

2. Sit with a favorite snack food.

3. Play Lemmings for hours and hours and hours. Repeat as necessary.

Also important in life fulfillment: seeing a big-haired, heavy metal 80s band before you die. I am not an Anthrax fan, but they were fun and they put on a hell of a show. And had very large hair. Sad fact? I totally recognized the guitarist, Scott Ian, from his many appearances on VH1's "I Love the 70s/80s/90s" specials.

Rob Zombie? Holy cow, hands down one of the best shows I've ever been too. There were the expected boobies (actually more goth chick than old lady) (also present in animated form on his accompanying video screen) (also present in 60s go-go dancer form on his accompanying video screen) (also present in bad horror flick victim form on his accompanying video screen), but beyond that, he really engaged the crowd and his intra-band chatter was hilarious. His intelligence just radiates off him - whether you liked "Devil's Rejects" or not, the director's commentary was brilliant. I would like to have a (closely supervised by a third party) beer with him. Side note: I couldn't link to Rob Zombie's website from work due to "tasteless, gross" content. Heh.

And to complete the completely unrelated topic trifecta, and to humor those other dog lovers, and to piss of those who are scared of this becoming a puppy blog, here are some recent pics of Riley:





Oh, and P.S. I really hated Malan the first episode of Project Runway and couldn't wait to see him gone, but I didn't hate him as much this episode and his exit interview totally broke my heart. Boo.

19 comments:

Brianne said...

YES! I am first!

I, sadly, have never even heard of Lemmings. My game of choice was always Oregon Trail.

You should send your pics of Riley to www.cuteoverload.com.

Lara said...

Dude, if they made a new Oregon Trail game....life would truly be complete. "AMG has died of dystentary."

THE DUKE said...

Lemmings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shows to see...Rob Zombie Live (you've done it), Tool, NIN, Ministry and the great Reverend Horton Heat. Primus is good here too.

scott c said...

To this day I still make Oregon Trail references.

That's how lame, ahem, Awesome I am.

Lemmings was a cool game too. I took a sick delight in the point in the game where you've totally messed up the puzzle and thousands of lemmings fall off a cliff or something and the game ends.

Gadfly said...

OK, the pic with you and the puppy is so freaking adorable, I think I might need an insulin injection.

Chixulub said...

Gawd, the hours I used to spend on Super Mario World. I wish I had those hours back. I could have been doing something productive...like blogging or something.

T. M. Hunter said...

Personally, I'd love for them to come up with Excitebike...

That being said, Scott Ian was also on (I believe it was also on VH1) SuperGroup...big-hair 80s bands rule...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great show, and boobies too, great!

JulieGong said...

I watched a show on The Food Network yesterday about 5 people who won a contest to create a new Haagen Daz flavor and now all I can think about is ice cream... sticky toffee pudding ice cream in particular.

I love Oregon Trail btw...

Anonymous said...

heh, Oregon Trail

I always thought Battletoads was the best game ever...

desparado said...

i'm joining to your "Affirmation(s) That You Like Me, You Really Like Me" group.

Anonymous said...

seriously i thought they were going to sack Angela after she was such a witch about Vincent's design. and really a designer that doesnt sketch? what is that all about?

Rachel said...

No way you can have too many puppy pictures!

Lynda said...

What's wrong with a puppy blog? Riley is adorable!

One question. Why isn't he AMD or anonymous midwest dog?

Spluch said...

Nice doggy you have there.

It does resembles you. No offence there, but my personal observation is that the face of a dog so resembles that of its owner. That is a very likely reason you choosed this breed of dog in the first place - a kind of sub-conscious attraction to it. :)

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!

Anonymous said...

Riley has a very transfixiating stare.

Amanda said...

i am so right there with you on the malan thing. i think i whimpered when he said he was sad to go and wasn't good at letting people go. i entertained the idea, for a moment, of trying to be his friend. haha. i mean we both live in NYC!

just caught your comment about the oregon trail. i love it. my brother got me a t-shirt last year that said, "you have died of dysentery."