Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Too Bad, That Ten Bucks Could Have Bought Me a Beer.

Yeah, that bet? SO NOT WORTH IT. Around 11 last night when I was finishing up my last serving, I started to feel really sick. I had a headache and was completely nauseated. As in, I actually went and sat by the toilet for a little bit just in case. Although, now that I think about it, wouldn't that be what a TRUE Celebrity diet is all about? Throwing up? Throwing up and cigarettes?

Needless to say, I had some toast to help calm my stomach, which was busy punching itself to punish me for this stupid idea. The toast made me lose ten bucks, but let me keep my dignity. Or something.

In other news, news that does not involve bodily fluids being expelled through orifices for which they were not intended, I'm going to South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin in - count 'em - TWO DAYS! We leave Thursday morning. "We" being myself, AMBF, Dub, Magnum, and "Needs to get himself a more interesting nickname" Scott. Expect more pictures of my face exploding, lots of Sixth Street drinking stories, and some B-list celebrity stalking attempts (John Stamos, I'm looking at you!). Last time we went I had a broken rib, which dampened the festivities a bit for me, but it was an excuse to get even more drunk...you know, to dull the pain. I will also super glue my ID to my forehead this year, as I had managed to lose my ID on, of all nights, St. Patrick's Day. Yes, the biggest drinking night of the year, and I had to go back to the hotel room by myself while everyone else partied all night. For some reason, the bars wouldn't accept my YMCA membership card as a form of ID.

Jerkfaces.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I applaud the effort for trying the whole "celebrity diet" thing anyway. It just proves that it takes a "die hard" to make it in Hollywood.

Also, regarding the whole ID thing? Staples. Definitely use staples. Maybe not to the forehead, but definitely to the sleeve or something, because it is THAT important, as you well know from hanging out with yourself, alone in a hotel room on St. Patty's Day.

Also, tell Uncle Jesse I said "hel-llloo" (picture it being said very seductively).

Happy travels.

scott c said...

shit. I totally forgot about your broken rib.

And I thought it was bullshit.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you tried your card from the Y! That's gotta be the height of desperation. I've been wanting to Austin Film Fest for a long time... Let us know how it goes will ya?

JulieGong said...

Have fun even though you'll be in Texas.

Just so you know you have crazy eyes in that picture with Sarah Silverman. Crazy eyes!

* said...

Yeah, but without the money to make you feel better.

Just get one of those travel ID carriers. The kind on a string that goes around your neck where you can put your ID so that you can have it at the ready.

t.k.foster said...

Go figure. I was born on St. Patrick's Day and I have never been drunk in my life. I had no clue it was the biggest drinking day of the year, but why am I not surprised?

Aliecat said...

I wanna go!!!!! Damnit, I'm jealous...

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I can't wait to drink green beer! I would accept your YMCA card or even a Pepsi-Gotta-Have-It card.

Jenni said...

Awesome. Have fun!

Sexy Lexi said...

I'm totally jealous! I expect a full report when you get back...and hopefully it will include lots of beer-drinking stories!

Wally Banners said...

hope you get better :)